During the month of July, Interbrand's 31 offices around the world celebrated their annual "Month of Service." This initiative presents an opportunity for employees to offer up their skills and knowledge to purpose-driven brands—and help such brands amplify their impact. Tailored, multidisciplinary Interbrand teams partnered with start-ups, non-profits, and NGOs free of charge to tackle challenges including (but not limited to) brand activation, user experience strategy and content strategy.
- New York: Character Lab - Successfully completed naming, messaging and user experience IA mapping exercises during an 8-hour work session.
- Cincinnati volunteered with Future Leaders OTR. They participated in mural painting and they hosted a website workshop. Their work was also acknowledged in Cincinnati.com's article "Cincy Business People: Who's on the move?"
- Singapore volunteered at Willing Heart's soup kitchens.
- New York: The Centre for Social Innovation hosted Interbrand for a 2-hour work session; distilling the broad definition of their brand into key attributes and ideas in order to create a compelling pitch deck.
- Mexico volunteered with Fraternidad sin Fronteras, a non-profit working with abandoned children and homeless adults with mental disabilities.
- China partnered with Heart Education Community Youth Development Center which aims to help children and youth develop self-confidence.
- New York: Charity Miles will be compiling miles throughout the month to support the Wounded Warriors Project—already up to 272 miles collectively!
- Johannesburg partnered with Phambili Mzansi, a new youth-led South African non-profit.
- Madrid volunteered with Bocatas.org on Mondays and Thursdays after work hours where they spend time with the homeless.