NEW YORK, June 5, 2019 – At the 66th annual Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, Omnicom (NYSE: OMC) and its agencies are producing engaging experiences for festival attendees through a number of speaking sessions both on and off the main stage. Its world-class marketing and advertising leaders will be participating in a variety of discussions that explore how to promote innovative ideas, challenge the status quo, further diversity and inclusion efforts and strengthen data-driven creativity.
As part of this content, Omnicom will be hosting a mainstage session in the Lumiere Theatre on Thursday, June 20th from 12:30-13:15 titled “Stop Holding Your Breath: Brand Activism in a Hyper-Charged Society”. The session, moderated by Omnicom’s SVP & Chief Diversity Officer Tiffany R. Warren, will feature renown leaders within the advertising and entertainment industries, including Troy Ruhanen, President and CEO of TBWA\Worldwide; Colleen DeCourcy, Co-President and CCO of Wieden+Kennedy; and Kenya Barris, writer, producer and founder of Khalabo Ink Society. The session will explore why many of today’s brands are choosing to take a stand on society’s most pressing issues and how to do so effectively.
In addition, Omnicom is pleased to announce that Jeff Goodby and Rich Silverstein, founders of Goodby Silverstein & Partners, are this year’s recipients of the 2019 Lion of St. Mark Award. The two creatives will be interviewed by Philip Thomas, Chairman of Cannes Lions, on Friday, June 21st from 12:30-13:15 at the Debussy Theatre: Lion of St. Mark Interview.
Below are some additional session highlights from Omnicom’s agency networks:
- •Andrew Robertson, President and CEO of BBDO Worldwide, is presenting: Do You Have a Second? Oops, Too Late
- •David Guerrero, Chairman and CCO of BBDO Guerrero, will take the stage to discuss The New Creative Capitals
- •Eva Santos, Global Chief Creative Officer at BBDO Proximity, will join Cannes Lions Beach for its discussion on Badass Women
- •Richard Brim, Chief Creative Officer at adam&eve DDB, takes the mainstage to discuss The Wonder of What the F*ck
- •Juan Carlos Ortiz, President & CEO of DDB Latina, and the President of Colombia will explore The Orange Economy: How Ideas are the New Oil
Omnicom Media Group
- •Heart & Science’s Renee Cassard, Chief Audience Officer, and Megan Pagliuca, Chief Data Officer, will host a “Self-Regulation Panel” at the Hearts & Science suite
- •PHD will host a breakfast panel featuring Philippa Brown, CEO of PHD Worldwide, for the launch of its book “Overthrow II – 10 strategies for the new wave of challengers”
- •Israel Mirsky, Executive Director of Global Technology and Emerging Platforms at OMD, is participating on a panel at the Pandora Cabana exploring “What the Future Sounds Like”
- •Chris Garbutt, Global Chief Creative Officer of TBWA\Worldwide, is exploring The Global Creativity Paradox at the Palais II stage
- •Renato Fernandez, Chief Creative Officer at TBWA\Chiat\Day LA is speaking at the Meet Ups Space about the Five-Step Guide – Developing Trusting Relationships With Your Clients
- •Helen Calcraft, Founding Partner at Lucky Generals, is joining TimeTo to answer Where Do You Draw the Line? Tracking Sexual Harassment in Advertising
The complete schedule of daily event programming can be found at OmnicomEvents.com.
About Omnicom Group Inc.
Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com) is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom's branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries. Follow us on Twitter for the latest news.
Joanne Trout, 212-415-3669, email@example.com
Katie Beaule, 212-415-3772, firstname.lastname@example.org