NEW YORK, June 13, 2017— At the 64th annual Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, Omnicom (NYSE: OMC) and its agencies will have a significant presence on and off the stage. This year, festivalgoers can expect to hear from some of the brightest minds in marketing on a range of important industry topics including data-driven creativity for smarter storytelling, diversity and talent development, the new marketing paradigm and the future of media.
The OMD Oasis is returning to la Croisette for its fifth year of premier programming and thought leadership sessions centered around the 2017 theme of: “Making Stories Matter.” From June 19 – 23, inspiring leaders from across the branded communications ecosystem will explore how companies discover, deliver and define smarter stories about people and problems as a way to unlock new opportunities.
Ketchum is the title sponsor of the Young Marketers Competition for the 7th straight year. In addition, PHD is partnering with Cannes Lions to launch the festival’s first ever official chatbot, which will answer a range of frequently asked questions, such as ‘what’s on now and next’ as well as help delegates find their way around.
Below are some of the highlights:
- Jonathan Nelson, CEO, Omnicom Digital will explore the intricacies of “Connecting with the Connected Consumer” alongside Erin Matts, CEO, North America, Annalect
- TBWA\Worldwide presents: “Import\Export Creativity and China” featuring Serge Dumont, Vice Chairman, Omnicom Group and Nils Andersson, Regional Creative President, TBWA\Asia
- Tiffany R. Warren, SVP, Chief Diversity Officer, Omnicom Group will engage in a fireside chat at Facebook Beach entitled, “Less Talk, More Diversity: Lessons from ADCOLOR on How to be an Ally”
- Andrew Robertson, President & CEO, BBDO Worldwide will accompany Facebook COO, Sheryl Sandberg, for a fireside chat about “Building Resilient Organizations”
- BBDO Atlanta Chief Creative Officer, Robin Fitzgerald, will participate in the session entitled, “Chief Creatives on the Beach”
- BBDO Worldwide presents “What the World Really Needs Is More Advertising” featuring Andrew Robertson, President & CEO and David Lubars, Global Chief Creative Officer (Please note: this session will be live-streamed via Lions Live)
- “Inside the Jury Room – Glass” with 2017 Glass Lions Jury President and DDB North America CEO Wendy Clark
- adam&eveDDB Co-Founder James Murphy and Chief Creative Officer, Richard Brim will present “Can’t Stop the Feeling” with John Lewis
- GMR Marketing is an exhibiting partner of Lions Health MedTech Expo, sponsored by Omnicom Health Group
- Jo Ann Saitta, Chief Digital Officer, Omnicom Health Group, will take part in the session entitled, “Getting to Genome You: Potential Power of Personal Medicine” hosted by iVenturesHealth
- The Marketing Arm’s Chief Music Strategist, Young Guru, is participating in the FleishmanHillard panel titled, “Creative Crossovers: Changing the Face of Brands”
- Ketchum will host “Classic Hollywood Meets the YouTube Generation: Who Are Fans Following?” with speakers Rob Flaherty, CEO, Ketchum and Laura Dern
- Goodby, Silverstein & Partners presents, “Daughters of the Evolution” featuring Margaret Johnson, Partner and Chief Creative Officer
- “Inside the Jury Room – PR” with Karen van Bergen, CEO, Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Media Group
- Hearts & Science is bringing their “Imagine” experience to Cannes Lions for the first time to discuss today’s polarized social climate and the new marketing paradigm with representatives from the world’s leading news organizations
- Susana Tsui, CEO, PHD APAC will take part in the panel session, “Merge – Is the Future “Robot Shaped” with Chelsea Chen, Co-Founder, Imotech and Olly the Robot
- “Inside the Jury Room – Media” with 2017 Media Lions Jury President and PHD Worldwide CEO Mike Cooper
- PHD will be joined by Author, Futurist and Inventor Ray Kurzweil for “Merge – The Closing Gap Between Technology and Us”
- Jean Marie-Dru, Chairman, TBWA\Worldwide will host a talk entitled “Disruptive Innovation in Healthcare”
- TBWA\Worldwide President and CEO, Troy Ruhanen, will appear “Fireside with Tor Myhren of Apple” at OMD Oasis
- “The Craft of Authenticity, in Conversation with Platon” features Chris Garbutt, Global Chief Creative Officer, TBWA\Worldwide
The complete schedule of event programming by day can be found at OmnicomEvents.com.