Boston, Mass. — May 1, 2019 — IDG’s CIO – the executive-level IT media brand providing insight into business technology leadership — is proud to announce the 2019 CIO 100 award winners and Hall of Fame inductees [click to tweet]. Each year, CIO recognizes 100 organizations for their achievements in technology innovation, and honors a new group of Hall of Fame members whose vision, commitment and outstanding career accomplishments have positively influenced the business technology landscape. These prestigious awards represent the highest levels of inspiring leadership and success in the IT field.
The Innovation Conversation
This elite group of organizations and technology leaders will be celebrated at the annual CIO 100 Symposium & Awards Ceremony to be held August 19-21, 2019, at The Broadmoor resort in Colorado Springs. The CIO 100 Symposium is the most powerful gathering of CIOs and senior IT and business executives, with an agenda built around three key pillars: IT innovation, C-suite collaboration and business impact. Conversations are focused on the most important technology trends and strategies, including expert insights from some of the top CIOs in the U.S. and worldwide.
“The CIO 100 Symposium concentrates on the most vital business and technology topics shaping today’s digital business ecosystem,” said Maryfran Johnson, IDG’s Executive Director of CIO Programs. “Our 2019 honorees have successfully experimented with cutting-edge ideas and emerging technologies to push boundaries and ultimately, deliver great business value.”
Expert Insights & Collaboration
CIO’s premier event combines general and breakout sessions, interactive workshops, roundtable discussions, and social events. This year’s agenda will be anchored by two outstanding keynote sessions.
• August 20th: “The Big Nine: How the Tech Titans and their Thinking Machines Will Change Humanity,” by Amy Webb, Author, Founder of the Future Today Institute and Professor, NYU Stern School of Business
• August 21st: “Interactive Workshop: Turning Your IT Staff into Articulate Ambassadors of the Company’s Brand,” by Kare Anderson, Author and Communications Coach
Leading tech vendors will also be providing a robust overview of what is possible for businesses in the future. The mix of IT executives, innovative companies and quality vendors creates a learning environment that is second to none. In 2019, CIO is proud to partner with an exceptional group of sponsors headlined by our Underwriting Partners, Deloitte and Google Chrome Enterprise. Additional sponsors include Cherwell, Code42, Dropbox, Informatica, NTT DATA Services, RingCentral, Unisys, Numerify, Zoom, and the CIO Executive Council / IDC.
“The symposium allows attendees to forge new business partnerships, and leave energized with unique perspectives and important skills,” remarked Adam Dennison, SVP & General Manager, IDG Events and Publisher, CIO. “The conversations that take place each year around IT innovation are truly inspiring. You’ll quickly find you’re not alone in the challenges you face or triumphs you celebrate.”
IT & Business Leadership
Joining the CIO 100 award winners at the symposium will be the 2019 CIO Hall of Fame class. All honorees will be recognized at the gala dinner and awards ceremony on the evening of August 21st. “This year, we are proud to induct 20 IT leaders into the CIO Hall of Fame for their profound contributions to the tech world,” continued Johnson. “The 2019 class is defined by excellence and their influence has been felt across the IT industry. Through their leadership and vision, each of our new Hall of Famers has played an influential role in shaping our digital future.”
The CIO 100 Symposium & Awards gathers more than 300 IT and business leaders to discuss digital strategy while celebrating the achievements of those delivering premium business value. Please visit CIO100.com to learn more about the conference and sponsorship opportunities. To register for this year’s event, please do so here.
2019 CIO100 Award Winners:
• Adobe, Inc.
• Aetna, a CVS Health Company
• Air Black Box
• Align Technology
• Arrow Electronics
• Asian Development Bank
• Bank of America
• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
• Centura Health
• Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
• Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
• Choice Hotels International
• City of Oakland
• City of Virginia Beach Information Technology Department
• Comcast Cable Corp.
• Cornell University
• Cox Communications
• Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
• DBS Bank
• Department of Technology (City and County of San Francisco)
• Energy Efficiency Services Ltd.
• Estée Lauder
• EURPAC Strategic Partners
• Everest Reinsurance Company
• Exelon Corporation
• Fleet Advantage
• General Motors
• Ginnie Mae
• Great Wolf Resorts
• HuaZhu Group
• Humana Inc.
• Illinois Department of Innovation & Technology
• Intel Corporation
• InterContinental Hotels Group
• Internal Revenue Service
• J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management
• Jackson Health System
• Janus Henderson Investors
• Jet Propulsion Laboratory
• Kaiser Permanente
• KEPCO, Korea Electric Power Corporation
• King County, WA
• Land O’Lakes
• Maryland Health Benefit Exchange
• McDermott International Inc.
• Medical City Healthcare
• Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team
• Merck & Co.
• Mercury Insurance Group
• Nationwide Title Clearing, Inc.
• Newport News Shipbuilding, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries
• Nobel Pharmaceuticals
• NorthShore University HealthSystem
• Northwestern Mutual
• Nuveen, A TIAA Company
• NXP Semiconductor NV
• Oshkosh Corporation
• Owens Corning
• Parkview Medical Center
• Power Design
• Red Hat, Inc.
• Reed Smith
• Rice University
• Ricoh USA, Inc.
• Rollins, Inc.
• Samsung Electro-Mechanics
• Siemens Mobility GmbH
• State Auto Insurance Companies
• SUEZ North America
• Synchrony Financial
• Tallahassee- Leon County GIS
• TGI Fridays
• The LiRo Group
• The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
• Unisys Corporation
• United Airlines
• University of North Texas System, IT Shared Services
• Whirlpool Corporation
• Workday, Inc.
2019 CIO100 Hall of Fame Class:
• Rob Alexander, CIO, Capital One
• Steve Betts, SVP & CIO, Health Care Service Corporation
• Alan Cullop, CIO, DaVita
• Craig Cuyar, SVP & Global CIO, Omnicom Group
• Richard (Dick) Daniels, EVP, CIO, Kaiser Permanente
• Anuj Dhanda, CIO & EVP, Albertsons Companies
• Randall Gaboriault, CIO & SVP, Innovation and Strategic Development, Christiana Care Health System
• Zack Hicks, Chief Digital Officer & EVP, Toyota Motor North America; CEO & President, Toyota Connected North America
• Ann Joyce, EVP & Chief Customer Officer, Technology, Supply Chain & Omni Operations, Chicos FAS
• Vince Kellen, CIO, University of California, San Diego
• Michael R. Kingston, SVP, CIO, L’Oreal Americas
• Michael Mathias, EVP, Customer Experience & CIO, Blue Shield of California
• Kathy McElligott, EVP, CIO/CTO, McKesson
• Gregory Morrison, SVP & CIO, Cox Enterprises
• Steven J. Randich, EVP & CIO, FINRA
• Cynthia Stoddard, SVP & CIO, Adobe Inc.
• Lynden Lee Tennison, EVP, Chief Strategy & Information Officer (retired), Union Pacific Railroad
• Patrick Thompson, CIO, Albemarle
• Stephen Warren, CIO, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
• Walter Yosafat, SVP/CIO, Wyndham Destinations
About the CIO 100 Awards:
The annual CIO 100 Awards celebrate 100 organizations and the teams within them that are using IT in innovative ways to deliver business value, whether by creating competitive advantage, optimizing business processes, enabling growth or improving relationships with customers. The award is an acknowledged mark of enterprise excellence. Recipients of this year’s CIO 100 Award were selected through a three-step process. First, companies filled out an online application form detailing an innovative IT and business initiative. Next, a team of external judges (many of them former CIOs) reviewed the applications in depth, looking for leading-edge IT practices and measurable results. Finally, the CIO team reviewed the judges’ recommendations and selected the final 100.
About the CIO Hall of Fame Awards:
The CIO Hall of Fame was created in 1997 to spotlight 12 outstanding IT leaders who had significantly contributed to and profoundly influenced the IT discipline, the use of technology in business and the advancement of the CIO role. Ten years later, in 2007, CIO inducted its second class of honorees into the CIO Hall of Fame during CIO magazine’s 20th anniversary celebration. CIO continues to showcase this elite group of CIOs – now numbering 140 – during the CIO Hall of Fame induction ceremony. A list of all inductees can be viewed here.
CIO focuses on attracting the highest concentration of enterprise CIOs and business technology executives with unparalleled expertise on business strategy, innovation, and leadership. As organizations grow with digital transformation, CIO provides its readers with invaluable peer insights on the evolving CIO role as well as how leading IT organizations are employing technologies, including automation, AI & machine learning, data analytics and cloud, to create business value.
The award-winning CIO portfolio — CIO.com, CIO events, CIO Strategic Marketing Services, CIO Forum on LinkedIn, CIO Executive Council and CIO primary research — provides business technology leaders with analysis and insight on information technology trends and a keen understanding of IT’s role in achieving business goals. CIO is published by IDG Communications, Inc. Company information is available at www.idg.com.
About IDG Communications, Inc.
IDG Communications connects the world of tech buyers with insights, intent and engagement. We are the world’s largest media, data and marketing services company that activates and engages the most influential technology buyers. Our premium brands, including CIO®, Computerworld®, CSO®, PCWorld® and Macworld®, engage a quality audience of the most powerful technology buyers providing essential guidance on the evolving technology landscape.
Our global data intelligence platform activates purchasing intent, powering our clients’ success. IDG Marketing Services creates custom content with marketing impact across video, mobile, social and digital. We execute complex campaigns that fulfill marketers’ global ambitions seamlessly with consistency that delivers quality results.
IDG Communications, Inc.