BBDO Lands Agency and Network of the Year While OMD Named Top Media Network
NEW YORK, June 24, 2017 – At the 64th annual Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, Omnicom (NYSE: OMC) agencies continued the tradition of being the most creatively awarded in the industry by sweeping the media and advertising categories. In total, 152 Omnicom agencies won nearly 360 Lions from approximately 35 different countries across more than 20 communication disciplines.
BBDO claimed both Network and Agency of the Year titles following a record year with 19 Agencies winning 144 Lions across 24 categories. It’s the sixth time BBDO, more than any other network, has been named Network of the Year. Clemenger BBDO Melbourne was presented with the Agency of the Year title on the strength of winning 56 Lions. OMD, one of the worlds leading media networks, was proclaimed Media Network of the Year after a strong performance across a broad spectrum of client categories and regions around the globe.
In addition, DDB ranked among the top five networks winning 100 Lions from 19 offices followed by TBWA with upwards of 75 Lions. In addition to a Titanium Lion, 180LA walked away with two Grand Prix in Promo & Activation and Integrated for Boost Mobile “Boost Your Voice.”
There were many highlights over the course of the Festival for Omnicom agencies. Below are just a few:
- Clemenger BBDO Melbourne’s “Meet Graham” campaign for the Transport Accident Commission was a runaway success winning 29 Lions - including two Grand Prix in both Health & Wellness and Cyber - across seven categories. Snickers “Hungerithm” won six Golds and 21 Lions total.
- Competing at Cannes for the first time, Hearts & Science was the only network to earn two Gold Lions in the media category.
- PHD rounded out the winner's circle with multiple wins outside the Media category, including a Gold in Print and the Cyber Grand Prix.
- Goodby Silverstein & Partners won four Gold and two Silver Lions for its “Cheetos Museum,” work on behalf of Frito-Lay.
- Ketchum won 23 Lions including a Grand Prix for Creative Data.
- Alma DDB earned ten Lions setting a new high for the U.S. Multicultural market. Two global campaigns for the launch of Netflix's Narcos Season 2 were the biggest winners, earning Lions in Cyber, PR, Media, Entertainment, and the Promo and Activation categories.
- Omnicom’s CDM London, Critical Mass, Dieste, FleishmanHillard, and Porter Novelli among others, all won Lions.
"Cannes Lions are among the most prestigious and competitive awards in our industry, and the fact that Omnicom took top honors across a range of categories, spanning advertising, media, digital, mobile, cyber, and PR, is a testament to our relentless focus on innovation, creativity and talent,” says John Wren, President and CEO of Omnicom. “I am extremely proud of the recognition, the work that earned it, and our amazing people that made it happen.”